Thursday, April 11, 2013

Day 7: Paula Deen's Jambalaya

Original Source: Food Network/ Paula Deen
FIND RECIPE HERE

I make this jambalaya/gumbo mixed thing that I created a year or two ago that my family loves. So trying a different recipe (even though this is straight jambalaya) is a bit scary. Why do all this when the final product isn't certain to be fantastic since we already love my own recipe? But... It was on my Pinterest board, so I had to give it a go!

Speaking of, you can find me on Pinterest HERE. I collect recipes there, and also post ones I already love to cook.
Everything's a Stewin'


Okay, so this is how mine turned out. (It looks a lot redder than it was.) It was good, but my recipe wins! This was extremely tomato-y and soupy. Good flavor but not a lot going on. I'll hang onto the recipe because it's simple and can quench a creole craving (sort of) in a pinch. But overall, I'd look for a different recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment