Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Day 39: Heather's Turkey Patties, an Original





As threatened here, I'm posting an original recipe that I created out of desperation. I love a burger. And since trying to become healthier, I've come to love a bunless burger, a nice fat patty on a bed of lettuce with a little goat cheese and black olives and veggies. However, having THAT many beef patties is good for no man or woman. And, I'm a bit of a snob and never met a turkey burger that remotely satisfied a burger craving. So, I set about making my own. The result? A flavor insane patty that took me back to my youth where I grew up in Turkey. It's become one of my favorite original concoctions, and even the Teens like it. And since I'm about to go pin this sucker on Pinterest, I haven't broken my Cooking My Way Through Pinterest theme!

At first, my olive loathing husband and daughter were wary of the black olives in it, but after a few bites, decided they couldn't even taste them. I, however - a olive LOVING woman- can taste them just fine.

So anyway, here's my recipe for Heather's Turkey Patties.

Ingredients:
(makes 4 patties)

1 lb lean turkey meat ground (Butterball)
2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp chipotle chile pepper
1 tsp crushed red pepper
¼ cup diced green pepper
¼ cup diced yellow onion
1 TBSP chopped black olive
¼ cup chopped spinach leaves (about 8 baby leaves)



What to do:
Ready? This is the hard part!
mix together ingredients (Be careful not to over mix or you'll get dry, tough patties)
and form into 4 patties. 
Grill until cooked through! 

Note: You can bake these or cook them on the stove but so far, I've found grilling them makes them taste so much better.




This recipe is roughly 160 cals per patty.






No comments:

Post a Comment