Saturday, November 23, 2013

Day 98: Chickpea, Feta, and Parsley Salad (Vegetarian)

Original Source: Simple Provisions
Don't get me wrong. I love a good chickpea. Pureed into hummus, yep. Sizzled in some oil with cajun seasoning to eat like popcorn? You betcha! But straight out of the can? I've never done that. In fact, that's my ONLY complaint with this recipe. I think I'd like it a bit more if the chickpeas had been softened on the stove top a bit. Of course, that might mean risking melting the feta.

Regardless, this was SO yummy, hard chickpeas and all. It really took me back to my childhood and the Tabouleh I love so much from Turkey. The strong parsley taste zipped me right back there. And the feta... the only thing better than strong, tangy feta might be goat cheese, but that's hard to find around here! If I do, I'll definitely be substituting that for all things feta. Love me some goat cheese.




Get the recipe HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment