Friday, April 5, 2013

Day 1... 40 Minute Hamburger Buns

Source: Pinterest
Original Source: Taste of Home Magazine

How it's supposed to look:


Find the recipe HERE.

What I did differently:
I wish I knew!

I followed instructions, and let me clarify.. I AM NOT A BAKER! I can cook, but baking has been a challenge for me forever. Not cupcake baking or pie baking... but any bread has always been a challenge to me. This was no exception. For some reason, my dough never got "knead-able." It stayed very sticky. The result? My rolls tasted more like biscuits than hamburger rolls. Everyone loved them. Alot. Didn't have a single one left. But they were too cakey or biscuity for my tastes!

       (Right) Before I added flour, the yeast, water, sugar mixture. Everything was fine there. Wish I'd taken a pic of the dough though so someone could tell me where I went wrong. However, my hands were too covered in ick to even attempt to touch my phone to snap one! 
       (Left) The finished result. Not too conformed in shape and size because making balls was impossible given the stickiness!! I sort of had to throw the dough off my fingers and shape it on the baking sheet.


Difficulty... do I even need to say? For me 5 on a scale of 1-5. For someone who does bread regularly, this is probably as easy as a 1!!

Taste... good. But I think it might be better with breakfast gravy than with a hamburger shoved inside.

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment