Saturday, April 6, 2013

Day 2 - Cracker & Cheddar Chicken

Source: Pinterest
Original Source: What's Cookin' Chicago?

How it's supposed to look:

Find the recipe HERE.
What I did differently:
Instead of putting the cheese/cracker mix in a bowl, I mixed it all in a large Ziploc bag and dropped the chicken inside, giving it a few good shakes to save myself one more dish to wash. Worked great.
The kiddos were gone for this one so all opinions are based solely on the Guy and me. He loved it. For me, it was good enough to keep the recipe for nights when I need a quick, easy chicken meal to cook. But is it something I'm likely to ever crave? Not so much. I understand the need to use sharp cheddar. I'm pretty sure a milder cheese would be pretty tasteless. But the downside is, an hour later, all I still taste is cheddar cheese. Occasionally while eating, I'd taste a bite of garlic. But that's about it! I love cheese, but it would have been nice to taste the chicken.
Seasoning the chicken.


Dipping in the butter
Ready for the oven!


Ready to eat!

Heather



No comments:

Post a Comment