Friday, April 19, 2013

Day 15: Cashew Chicken with Noodles

Original Source: Tasteofhome.com





GET THE RECIPE HERE

I've been looking forward to (and dreading) this one since I found it on Pinterest. It looks so unbelievably tasty! But it also looks challenging, primarily because finding real ethnic ingredients where I live is a challenge.

Turns out, I only had one real challenge with the recipe, but it turned out to be a doozy. This could have been a phenomenal dish if I hadn't made one mistake -- I overcooked the noodles. GASP! HORROR! It's one of the biggest sins you can make in the kitchen! But to my defense, I've never cooked with rice pasta before. Everything else was simply perfect. The chicken was fantastic. Next time, I just need to remember to take those noodles off a little early since they still cook a bit in the chicken mixture. I'll definitely be trying this again soon, and when I do, I'll update and see if it was any better!



Those little black things aren't in the recipe, but I'm always looking for ways to add health to meals. Those are chia seeds on the chicken. Added a nice little crunch without screwing up the flavor at all.

CH-CH-CH- CHIA! SEEDS (HAD TO, SORRY)

You can't really tell how overcooked the noodles are (Next picture screams the mush factor, though). But you can see here that I had to use Spaghetti rice pasta. It was the only kind I could find. Turns out, I think I prefer it to wheat spaghetti. Just need to cook it right :(

And, the invention of Gummy Worms is created... serious mush. Breaks my heart to see such a yum meal destroyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment