Monday, April 8, 2013

Day 4: Baked Monte Cristo Sandwiches

Original Source: Pepperidge Farms

Featuring Puff Pastry! YUM!!

How they're supposed to look (Above)

Find recipe HERE.

Meanwhile see my less than stellar photos below.
Now mine looks nowhere near as yummy as the above pic, but they tasted pretty darn good. We chose to forgo the syrup dip... Just not a syrup fan anyway. But I did dip in a bit of Dijon mustard and wow! Really excellent.  

My guy loved it enough to eat 2. I might have, if they weren't so calorie heavy. (I roughly figured it as around 450 cals per triangle sandwich. My daughter was absent and the 15-year-old boy... I don't think he was a big fan. He DID say it was better with the mustard, but he also does NOT like cheese, so that was an automatic strike against this right away.

If you try it, let me know. Powdered sugar... never thought I'd like it at all!



1. Egg washing the edges for gooey stickiness factor
2. Adding the good stuff. Ham and Swiss cheese.

3. Fold.
4. Crimp.


5. Add some more egg wash.
6.  Cook and sprinkle with powdered sugar.















No comments:

Post a Comment