Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Day 5: Double Dose for Dinner

Who doesn't like a 2-for-1 deal?
Good. Because last night I actually did two new recipes for dinner, and since they were both on the same plate, they're both on the same post.
Enjoy!

#1 CHICKEN STUFFED PEPPERS


What it was meant to look like:

FOR RECIPE, GO HERE.
AND... what mine looked like.
They actually came out rather pretty. Those aren't bugs on the middle ones! I marked those two peppers with olives so we knew they were for the teenage boy. He doesn't like cheese and so I left it off those two for him.

This was a really easy recipe to follow. Just slice, mix and stuff. My family isn't really a fan of yellow and orange bell peppers however, so the consensus was to use only red and green next time. Will do!

And #2 BACON WRAPPED CARAMELIZED ASPARAGUS

Get the recipe HERE

How they're meant to look:


First let me admit, I don't like asparagus. My husband can tolerate it, but it's pretty much a chore to get it down no matter what. Second, the real title of this dish is Bacon Wrapped Caramelized SESAME Asparagus. But I had no sesame oil or sesame seeds on hand and didn't want to make a second trip to the store to pick any up. So we get the non-sesame version here.
Done

Ready to cook!


Would sesame have made a difference? Maybe but I doubt it. I didn't gag getting it down and everything's better with bacon. But asparagus is still asparagus. Will you like it if you like asparagus. Probably. The sugar and bacon combo really do give the green stalks a candy texture, and since I refuse to give up on a vegetable, if I have to eat asparagus again, I'll likely go with this recipe.

Peppers and Asparagus together in a really silly face!

No comments:

Post a Comment