Friday, May 3, 2013

Day 29: Mom's Swedish Meatballs

Original Source: Taste of Home
No, not MY mom's... but....
Oh.
My.
Goodness.

One look at the above photo put this sucker on my "cook immediately" menu. The meatballs were easy enough, the gravy pretty simple. Egg noodles, just boil. And talk about filling! Three meatballs and I was ready to bust. They were good reheated for lunch the next day, too, sans noodles. In fact, next time, I think I'll do the whole thing without the noodles and try a rice or other pasta instead. The egg noodles were just too thick for this dish for my tastes. Plus, I don't think they reheat well, which a rice might.

Is it a five star recipe? No. But I'd definitely give it a solid 3 1/2! The problem with these fabulous pictures of food, however, is that they make me so hungry that by the time I've finished cooking, I'm too eager to stuff my face to remember to take a picture of the finished product!


No comments:

Post a Comment