Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Day 34: Homemade Whipped Coconut Oil Body Butter

Original Source: Living the Nourished Life

THIS JUST MAKES ME SOOOOO GIDDY!!!

I'm sure you can't tell by half the recipes I've posted, but natural foods and health are a huge passion for me. The worst of the recipes I try are simply for my love of cooking in general, or made as gifts for other people, or as the family weekend fattening cheat. Usually! This, however, floats my boat so much I can't even tell you.

One small jar of virgin coconut oil made 2 small mason jars (quilted) full of this heavenly goodness, so I was able to give one to Teen Girl. How awesome to know whatever she's smearing on her body to moisturize isn't loaded with dyes and chemicals. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

Oh, and though it doesn't specify, I completely recommend using unrefined (or virgin) coconut oil instead of the normal. It smells a trillion percent more like coconut (the stuff I use to cook for its high smoke point has virtually no smell at all, and it's the same brand.)

I've been a fan of running coconut oil on my skin after a shower for a while now, but this is even better. I'm so in love. Have I made that clear yet? Just drop the ingredients in a mixer, turn it on for a few and when you come back, voila. Body cream!


It turned out a bit runny, but I put it in the fridge for about 10 minutes and let it firm up. When it "defrosted" again, it was nice, rich and creamy!

GET RECIPE HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment