Thursday, May 9, 2013

Day 35: Chicken And White Bean Enchiladas With Creamy Salsa Verde... But not really.....

Original Source: Skinny Taste



Ok, so the above picture was what I was supposed to end up with. And not by any fault of the original recipe, I ended up with something completely different. Slightly more unhealthy coming in around 407 cals per enchilada... but probably a lot tastier! So this is really an original cheesy enchilada recipe that resembles almost nothing of the above photo or a Mexican meal.

Here's what happened. I cooked too much chicken. So, I had a LOT of filler, a tiny bit of beans... and a dry enchilada. That part turned out just dandy! Where I hit a big glitch came from my fabulous recipe app where I store all my recipes, Paprika... For some reason when I assembled my grocery list from the app, it left out a can of green chilies. I only had one, and I'd already used that for the filling.

So... that led to a dilemma. I had no sauce.

I rummaged through my pantry and threw some stuff in a pot and this is what I came up with:

CHEESY SAUCE:
1) 1 TSP BUTTER
2) 2 TBSP ALL PURPOSE FLOUR
3) 1 CUP CHICKEN BROTH
4) 1/2 CUP LIGHT SOUR CREAM
5) APPROX. 1/4 CUP JALEPENOS (JARRED) chopped
6) APPROX 1/4 CUP JALEPENOS JUICE FROM JAR

combine in pot, stir well until heated, and use in place of above recipe's chilies sauce.

I have no idea what happened to this picture :( 





No comments:

Post a Comment