Saturday, May 11, 2013

Day 37: Cherry Dumpcake

Original Recipe: Cooking with Carrie


I've made dump cakes before, but since I'd never tried cherry, I decided to pull this from Pinterest and give it a go. What's not to love about opening a can and a box, and dumping... then baking. Not a single stir required? If you've never made a dump cake before, you can't screw it up.

One odd thing about this particular recipe: The ingredients called for 1 cup of butter, melted (The way I'm used to) but the directions say to slice the butter instead and cover the cake mix with those squares. Since I'd never tried it that way before, I opted for the sliced butter option. It works just fine. In fact, I found more of the cake was covered with moisture than the usual melt-and-pour method.





Voila. It really is that easy!
Grab the recipe here

No comments:

Post a Comment