Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Day 53: Lobster Mac N Cheese

Original Source: Food Network

In Florida, lobster is not something we often put in anything. It's too valuable. Too pricey to eat any way other than alone, dipped in melted butter. But, I had 2 tails defrosted for my anniversary that didn't get used. 2 tails. 4 family members. Not exactly enough for everyone. So I searched for a compromise and found it in this recipe. It might be the most expensive dish I've ever cooked. Lobster tails and Gruyere cheese? Ouch.

The good news is, I think it will be just as good using all white sharp cheddar, which to me is way more delicious than Gruyere anyway. Also, maybe replacing the lobster with shrimp and saving the original recipe for special occasions. At least with shrimp and other cheese, this is something I can make more than once -- and trust me, I want to. It was AMAZING.

The only flaw? Okay, 2 flaws. I would have liked more lobster! And secondly, after eating left overs for lunch today, it was obnoxiously greasy. Still tasted great but turned my stomach a bit seeing the nasty orange, cheese oil all over my plate.




No comments:

Post a Comment