Monday, June 10, 2013

Day 57: "Rochester" Wings

Original Source:http://www.francescorinaldi.com/


I usually don't post the recipes here because I don't want to infringe on someone else's creation... However, this link is really wonky for me, and it only works half the time. So if the owners have a problem with my post, I'll remove it completely, no problem. Otherwise, here are my thoughts:

It's simple. These tasted way better before putting the marinara on them. The rub was great with the grilled wings all by themselves. I'd suggest using the marinara/parmesan as a dip for it rather than soaking them as they are. It was a bit much for my family, although the idea of getting chicken parmesan in a wing was rather neat. Next time, I'll be leaving the sauce off and dipping in something more to my tastes.

pre-marinade...tasted great! (we sampled before saucing. Shoulda stopped there)
they did look pretty though!


Ingredients: 
  • 2 tablespoons paprika
  • ½ teaspoon cayenne
  • 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
  • 1 ½ teaspoons onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • ½ teaspoon salt 
  • ¼ teaspoon black pepper
  • 6 chicken wings, tip removed, split
  • 1 jar (16 ounce) Francesco Rinaldi To Be Healthy Spicy Marinara Sauce
  • ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
  • 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped

WHAT TO DO:

Preheat grill.
To make the dry rub, mix together the paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper in a bowl. Toss the chicken wings with the dry rub. 
Grill the wings over medium heat until they are thoroughly cooked.
Meanwhile, bring the Francesco Rinaldi To Be Healthy Spicy Marinara Sauce to a simmer in a small sauce pan.  When the sauce is warm, pour into a large mixing bowl and toss the grilled chicken wings in the warm sauce.

To serve, transfer the chicken wings to a platter and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and parsley.


No comments:

Post a Comment