Friday, September 6, 2013

Day 79: Hard Taco Shells in the Oven

Original Source: My Royal Kitchen


My Guy was on a gluten-free kick for a couple weeks (couldn't last longer than that!) and I had a bunch of corn tortillas we'd bought for his lunches left over. What to do? Go to Pinterest of course. I found this little tip about turning a corn tortilla into a hard taco shell, and instead of placing them on one wire, I placed mine on two to make them stand up alone. The result? Not bad. A bit chewy. I think cooking them a little longer would be better, and the ones that cooked in the back of the oven were crispier than those in the front.



They're not greasy and I'll totally do this again. Just make sure you do brush with water, but not too much or you get broken ones like the left taco in the upper picture here.



No comments:

Post a Comment