Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Day 85: Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole

Original Source: Restaurant Recipes


I'm not a fan of frozen hash browns. Something about the texture.... I can't quite name it. So when I saw that on the ingredient list for this recipe, I almost discarded it.

I'M SO GLAD I DIDN'T!

I'm on a mission to lose weight, and while I don't like processed foods, occasionally, I get the urge to cook something, health be damned, and so this falls into that category. Sadly, that meant I could only have half a serving, since a normal size if cut into 8 or 9 squares, is about 400 cals a serving! That's usually how I work it. I know my calorie allotment for the day and eat what I like (preferably real food), and just adjust serving size to fit. IT WAS SO HARD! I had my small little half square and it was all I could do not to say screw it and fill up a whole plate. (I did not do this, however, so props to me.)

Guess you can tell I liked it, huh? 




Get the recipe HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment