Friday, December 6, 2013

Day 102: Sour Cream Lemon Pie

Original Source: I'm Topsy Turvy

We've already established I'm weird. I don't care for chocolate. I don't like cake much. In fact, I don't like sweets much at all... including pies. So this Thanksgiving when everyone volunteered to take care of most of the desserts, I gratefully backed away. But then I realized I missed the baking part, even if I didn't plan on eating any of it (except my mom's pumpkin pie, because that's never something you pass up!)

So I quickly looked over Pinterest for something that might tempt me. Lemon? LEMON! I love lemon! And the recipe was simple enough that it wouldn't add stress to my already packed cooking day. So I gave it a shot.

It turned out scrumptious. And pretty! I didn't top mine with whipped cream because several people in my extended family don't like it. And after it sat out for about an hour, it sort of liquified. But other than that, this was a perfect pie recipe. One I'm keeping and making again for another get together!




No comments:

Post a Comment