Monday, February 3, 2014

Day 110: Creamy Pesto and Marinara Baked Ziti

Original Source: The Blond Can Cook


The cheese was enough to tempt me, here. The marinara was a little scary since I'm not overly fond of it. But, since My Guy was the one cooking, we went for it. And I'm so glad we did! Other than saving some extra sauce for my sauce junkie husband next time (he doesn't like his so dry), this recipe was perfect. Meatless Monday? If cheese isn't a problem, this is one to add to your recipe rotation. Even my cheese-hating Teen Boy loved it (though he did peel the top cheese layer off his.) And I added a bit of sour cream to mine for a little more zing.

The flavor? Like a very easy, quick version of meatless lasagna! Next time I might try alfredo instead of marinara, just to see how that tastes, but check out how it came out. So gooey and yummy!




No comments:

Post a Comment