Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Day 50: Spicy Lemon Water

Original Source: Me

This morning I decided to get creative. I’ve heard alot of people talk about hot lemon water, and as much as I love hot tea, and lemon, (never combined!), I don’t know why I hadn’t tried it before. So, I filled my tumbler with hot water, half a lemon’s juice, and then put on a tsp of cayenne (yes, thats more than a pinch but I wasn’t following a recipe and I like spicy so whatever). I splashed in a bit of agave nectar too, which I’d skip next time since I didn’t notice it was even in there. The result? A very tasty, spicy way to start my morning.

After I sat down to sip, I decided to google hot lemon drinks and found this one. It’s nearly identical, minus the agave and she gives a nice breakdown of the nutritional reasons for the drink! Please take a minute to read if you’re interested in the drink. Which you should be. Because it’s awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment