Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Day 60: Mocha Brownies

Original Source: Food Network

I'm afraid I'm going to be a bit biased here, but since I don't like coffee, or chocolate, these didn't really stand a fighting chance with me. So why did I make them? 1- because I have two chocolate loving fools in the house. 2- because despite my dislike of chocolate in general, I do enjoy an occasional chocolate milkshake or brownie. So, I keep trying to find a great recipe for brownies that don't come in boxes loaded with chemical nastiness.

This isn't it. Maybe if I forgo the gross layer of diabetes triggering icing (I'm also not a fan of icing.. I know, I see everyone gasping), this wouldn't have been so bad. But the big drawback here is that this is more of a cake than a brownie. I know, I know, some people prefer their brownies cakey rather than fudgey. I am not one of them. I like to pick up a brownie and eat it, or at least have the option to.

All that said, however... if you love chocolate, if you love cake, if you love icing, and if you love coffee, you will LOVE this recipe.
baking
icing

cooling
done


GET RECIPE HERE



No comments:

Post a Comment