Friday, June 28, 2013

Day 61: Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower

Original Source: Closet Cooking


Hello, my name is Heather and I have a confession to make. I've never had cauliflower before. Okay, I've tried it raw on someone's veggie platter and promptly spit it back out. Since then, I've steered clear. But it occurred to me that I don't like raw broccoli either, but I love it cooked. So I decided to give this vegetable another go in a different format. What better way to try something you're scared of than to smother it in yummy buffalo sauce???

So I did. I even tried a few small pieces before adding the sauce, after it was roasted with oil and salt and pepper. Am I a convert? Yes and no. The plain roasted bits weren't disgusting, but they still weren't something that made me moan in delight. The buffalo covered bits, however, were delish. My family would probably argue that point. My Guy and my Teens didn't take more than a bite or two before being convinced this wasn't for them. However, I'm holding on to the recipe. I'll try it again in a couple of months and throw in some more cauliflower recipes here and there to try and change our buds. (I did try creamy mashed potatoes at a restaurant and devoured them! My Guy didn't like that, either, though. Picky man.)







No comments:

Post a Comment