Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Day 66: Baked Potato Soup - Slow Cooker Style

Original Source: Mama Loves Soup


I love soup! I prefer them thick and creamy and rich, but even a broth based noodle soup makes me salivate. Sadly, I don't get it often because it's always hot here in Florida. But on a rainy, gray day this week, I decided to make one -- and what's better than one you can just throw in a crockpot in the morning so that it's ready for you at night, no slaving over a hot stove at all?





Fantaastic!!! Sorry my "done" picture isn't all that appealing, but I was so eager to dive in, I forgot to snap one with all the sexy toppings!
A note: This is great as leftovers, but extremely thick. Basically, it turns into a big bowl of mashed potatoes. So you will have to add water or milk, something to reduce it back to its soupy form.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment