Saturday, January 11, 2014

Day 106: Breakfast Protein Coffee Shake

Original Source: Fit is the New Black

(There's no link here for the site or the recipe, because apparently it's gone away. Therefore, I'm posting the recipe here until someone has a problem with that.)


I'm not a superfan of blender drinks. There are only a handful I really like ( most have tequila)... and I'm not a coffee drinker. But My Guy and Teen Boy are, and they both like their protein shakes ( Teen Boy more than My Guy). So I figured I'd try this for them. Keep in mind, I wasn't going to taste it. No can do. So the opinions are solely theirs.

They liked it. I felt it was kind of a meh-like, rather than a rah-rah like. But they both said to keep the recipe. However, My Guy claims to only taste the banana so next time I'll use a stronger coffee. The bit I accidentally licked off my finger tasted overwhelmingly of coffee to me, though. Teen Boy said, "I don't know how he didn't taste the coffee."

So I think My Guy was wrong!



RECIPE:

2 handfuls of ice 
♠ 1 scoop of vanilla or chocolate protein powder. 
♠ 1/2 frozen banana (I actually used a whole one because it was really runny)
♠ 1 cup of brewed coffee-choose whatever flavor you like 
♠ 1 cup of milk of your choice (I used 1% cow's milk for my guys)
♠ Truvia to taste- You can also use Stevia liquid , or whatever other type of sweetener you like 

Blend, pour, drink, & enjoy! (or not)


No comments:

Post a Comment