Friday, February 28, 2014

Day 114: Grilled Marinated Tri-Tip Steak Recipe with Red Pepper Cilantro Pesto

Original Source: Cookin' Canuck


I had my first taste of tri-tip on our trip to New Mexico this winter and fell in love. But I'd assumed it was more of a west-coast, midwest thing because I'd never seen it here in Florida. Then, a trip to a grocery store I don't frequent often revealed it to me and I had to snag two of these babies. Never having cooked one before, I went on the hunt for a recipe... on Pinterest of course. I found this one and chose it because of the red pepper pesto. I'm not a fan of red peppers by themselves, but love their flavor in other things. So why not?

Let me just say this... my dislike for the pesto is probably my fault and not the fault of the recipe, but it wasn't good. At all. 1) I think I don't like the cilantro. 2) My food processor choked and didn't chop everything up as fine as it appears in the above photo. So ok, I'll take the blame for the pesto. I probably won't make it again, however.

That said, I'M TOTALLY KEEPING THIS RECIPE... the marinade on that tri-tip.. superb. Melt in your mouth yumminess! I served mine with a huge side salad of kale, spinach and goat cheese, and a bit of green beans, and it was delicious. Because I'd already tried the sauce before putting it on my meat, you can see in the pic below that I barely put any on at all... just enough to say I tried the combo. It did taste better on the meat than it did on my finger lol, but I'll still be skipping that part next time.


this was before adding the last bit of oil, but you can see how chunky it still was.



No comments:

Post a Comment