Thursday, February 20, 2014

Day 113: Cake Batter Chocolate Bark

Original Source: How Sweet Eats


Two sweet posts in a row! Odd for someone who doesn't like sweets! But let me explain why this recipe is following closely on the heels of guest blogger, Laura's, Lemon Cookies.

I posted a recipe a while back that is one of the most popular recipes I've done so far. Reese's Peanut Butter Bark. It's one of my favorites, and a small piece of it can cure whatever strange pang of sweet-need I might have. My Guy, however, adores anything cake batter related, so when I found this, I had to try it for him. He loves cake batter fudge, cake batter ice cream, cake batter cookies, cake batter brownies. So I thought for sure, he'd be over the moon for this quick snack.

Not so much. I don't think this is the fault of the recipe. In fact, I think everyone in the house agreed, these are some tasty little buggers. But they are sweet overload. They sat in my fridge for a few days  before I finally gave up hope that anyone would eat them, and I gave them to the neighbors. Again, this is not a comment on their yumminess, for they were indeed  yummy. Rather, a nibble off a nibble was more than enough to curb any cravings, and was in fact painful for people who don't die for sugar.

So if you like sweets... nay, if you MUST HAVE SWEETS, you'll probably love this. I recommend you give it a shot.







No comments:

Post a Comment