Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Day 19: Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole

Original Source: Pearls, Handcuffs, and Happy Hour

GET THE RECIPE HERE

First, let me say, I had mixed feelings about attempting this one. I, personally, LOVE a good casserole. But my family. . . eh, they're a little less than joyous whenever I attempt one. But this one had all the makings of something I had to try, and I don't mind making them suffer a little whenever possible, so I gave it a go!



NOTE: I cooked mine for about 20 minutes and added more cheese to the top to cook for the remaining 10. If you love cheese like I do, I highly recommend this. You could also top with crushed Ritz crackers and drizzle with butter if you'd like to try a variation on topping!


Serve over rice! (My daughter hates rice, so she skipped this part. Her meal looked a little more soupy than the rest of ours, but... well, I'll tell you in a minute how she felt about that.)I forgot to take a picture of the final result :( Just trust me. It looked FAB!


THE RESULTS:
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!
My non-casserole enthusiast family even loved it! Even my daughter whose meal was a little soupier than ours. It's going in the favorites file and I can guarantee it's going in my Potluck file too!


Side note: I'm thinking this might be an amazing topper for Baked Potatoes when looking for something to do with the leftovers! Or even for night one.

No comments:

Post a Comment