Thursday, June 26, 2014

Day 137: Hash Brown Egg in a Hole

Original Source: Happy Day Antiques

Since the original recipe's photo has all the instructions on it, and I don't want to step on any copyright toes, I'm only posting mine here with a link to the original.

In our house, these are usually made with bread rather than potatoes, and we call them "popeyes" for reasons I can't quite remember but were passed on to me from my mother. My daughter loves them. I love them, when I'm eating eggs. So when I saw this version of using hashbrowns instead of bread, I had to try it. For Mother's Day, My Guy made these for me for breakfast. They were decent, and I'm unsure if it was the brand of hashbrowns used that tasted greasy to me, but that said -- and I DID appreciate them simply because My Guy made them for me -- I much prefer the bread version. Far less heavy!!!



Get the recipe HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment