Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Day 74: Bacon and Pancetta Potatoes

Original Source: Food Network


Potatoes? Bacon? Pancetta? Who WOULDN'T try this recipe? Especially when Your Guy (or gal) is preparing it for you???

So on a night when I didn't want to cook but still wanted to try something new, I passed a few recipes to My Guy and he willingly took them on. Two of them, Creamy Avocado Dressing and Brazilian Skirt Steak with Golden Garlic Butter, we'd eaten and loved before. But we needed one more thing to go with them. Enter, potatoes.

Some people like cookies and ice cream. I like potatoes!

These were amazing. Sadly, the potatoes didn't pick up much of the bacon goodness, but the bits of bacon and pancetta mixed in made up for that and the potatoes were just fine on their own. Cooked to perfection with a crispy exterior coating a warm, soft middle. What's not to love????? This is staying in Paprika for me!!! I'm thinking I might even include it in my Thanksgiving menu this year.





No comments:

Post a Comment